Skip to main content

When God Taught Me That Everything Belongs to Him

 


There are moments in life when God allows us to walk through deep sorrow. Loss has a way of revealing what our hearts hold most tightly and where our hope truly rests. Although grief is painful, God often uses it to teach us eternal truths that draw us closer to Him.


This is one of those lessons God taught me through heartbreaking loss. What began as a season of sorrow became a reminder that everything I have ultimately belongs to Him and that He alone is worthy of my highest love, complete trust, and wholehearted worship.


I remember when my cats were killed by dogs. It wasn’t just one cat—nearly twenty, or perhaps even more, over time. They were not all killed at once, but each loss broke my heart. I loved my cats dearly, like my own babies. There were even times when I fed them before I fed myself.


I kept my cats in a room to protect them from the dogs. Even when they made a mess, I cleaned the room every day because I wanted them to be safe. Before I went to Germany, I placed them inside a cage to keep them safe while I was away. However, after a few days, my family let them out because the kittens kept crying, and no one was able to clean the cage every day. Sadly, after they had been let out, the dogs eventually killed them.


When the dogs killed them, I was devastated. For a week, I cried every day, and for months afterward, I still found myself in tears whenever I remembered them.


Then God taught me something important: everything belongs to Him.


He reminded me that nothing I have is truly my own. Everything I have is a gift from Him, and I am simply a steward of what He has entrusted to me for a time. More importantly, He taught me that I must love Him more than anything in this world.


I thought about Job, who lost everything that was precious to him. Yet he did not turn away from God. Instead, he worshiped the Lord and acknowledged that he came into this world with nothing and would leave with nothing.


The same truth came back to my heart during my miscarriage. It was deeply painful, and I cried many tears. Yet God comforted me through His Word. Even in my pain and sorrow, I continued to praise Him because of His goodness and faithfulness.


God is my everything—in pain, in sorrow, in fear, and in joy. Everything belongs to Him, and He alone is worthy of our highest love, trust, and worship.


Job 1:21 (NLT)

“I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when I leave. The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord!”


Psalm 30:11–12 (NLT)

“You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!”


Looking back, I can see that God was with me through every tear. He did not remove the pain immediately, but He faithfully carried me through it and used it to transform my heart. He reminded me that every good gift comes from Him, and because everything belongs to Him, I can trust Him even when I do not understand His ways.


This does not mean that grief is wrong or that our tears have no place. God understands our sorrow, and He is near to the brokenhearted. Yet even in our deepest pain, we can choose to worship Him because His character never changes. He is always good, always faithful, and always worthy of our praise.


Whether we experience joy or sorrow, gain or loss, may our greatest treasure always be God Himself. Everything in this world is temporary, but His love, His promises, and His kingdom are eternal. May we learn, like Job, to trust the Lord in every season and say with sincere hearts, “The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord.”



Related Articles 

• How God Gives Us Victory In All The Trials Of Our Life

• God Ways And Thoughts Are Higher Than Ours

• God Uses Our Weaknesses for His Glory

• How God Turned My Weaknesses Into Something for His Glory

• The Day God Showed Me How Much He Loves Me




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Can We Hear the Voice of God?

  Before I truly encountered God, I thought knowing Him was only about religion, traditions, or attending church. I never understood what it truly meant to have a personal relationship with Him or to hear His voice through the Holy Spirit. Looking back now, I realize that God had been patiently drawing me to Him even during the moments when I was spiritually blind and unaware of His presence. Through many experiences, struggles, convictions, and encounters, God slowly transformed my life and opened my spiritual eyes to know Him personally. This is my personal testimony of how God revealed Himself to me and taught me that Christianity is not merely about religion, but about having a true relationship with Him. I am sharing this testimony not to glorify myself, but to glorify God and testify to His goodness, grace, mercy, and transforming power. I pray that through this testimony, others may also open their hearts to God and come to know Him personally. I remember when I was still a ...

The Free Gift of God’s Grace—Will You Accept It?

  Many people have heard about the grace of God, but not everyone truly understands how deep, powerful, and life-changing His grace really is. There was also a time when I only knew the word “grace,” but I did not fully understand its true meaning until God personally revealed it to me through my relationship with Him. Through His mercy, deliverance, and the truth of His Word, God opened my eyes to understand that salvation is truly a free gift through Jesus Christ. This revelation deeply touched my heart and changed the way I see God, obedience, holiness, and walking with Him daily. In this post, I want to share what God revealed to me about His grace, salvation, and the invitation He lovingly offers to every person through Jesus Christ. I am truly so thankful to God. He is so, so good. The goodness of God cannot be measured. Hallelujah 🙌🏻 Before, I could not fully appreciate the goodness of God. I did not really feel the presence of God, even though I constantly heard the wor...

This Is Not Religion—This Is a Relationship with God

  Many people think Christianity is only about religion, traditions, or simply knowing about God. But there is a huge difference between knowing God’s name and truly having a personal relationship with Him. For a long time, I thought I already knew God, but deep inside, I had never truly encountered Him personally. Everything changed when God opened my spiritual eyes and allowed me to experience His presence, love, grace, and truth in a real way. This testimony is about how God transformed my life, restored my relationship with Him through Jesus Christ, and showed me that following Him is not just about religion—it is about intimacy, surrender, and walking with Him personally every single day. Hallelujah🙌🏻 I thought I knew God… but I only knew His name. I am so thankful to the Lord, and this is one of the reasons why I will honor, praise, and worship Him forever and ever. AMEN! Hallelujah🙌🏻 Ever since I was a child, when I was still in elementary school, I would always pray...